- Don Faust begins his employment at Falstaff Distributing Company in Galveston, Texas, as a route salesman.
- Harris County Precinct 8 (East Harris County-Baytown area) votes against the sale of alcoholic beverages. Distributors in this precinct relocate to LaPorte.
- A recall election is held, and the sales legalization passes overwhelmingly. Falstaff Brewing Corporation decides to appoint a new distributor for East Harris County.
- Don Faust and an untold number of interested parties are pursuing this much sought after distributorship.
- Fortunately, Don Faust overcomes his biggest obstacle -- his youthful age of 30 -- and becomes the youngest distributor in the 34-state Falstaff distributor network. This event commences on June 14, 1957, in a 3,000 square-foot warehouse with four route trucks, one warehouseman, one office clerk, and a sales manager with an investment of $40,000.